"I live in a neighborhood where my husband & I are 1 of the 3 Black families that live here.. Tonight the KKK knocked on our door!!! I was already looking out the window and seen them coming down my driveway. I screamed for my children to come upstairs in my room and into my master bath. . As I seen there faces in fear.. my mind flash back to Malcom X. My oldest understand but not the rest. My husband prides his self on teaching his wife & family self defense when he not home…. My heart was pounding! Palms sweating! Voice weak.. I look at my son.. And my mind drifted to Micheal Brown, Treyvon.Martin, Shawn Bell. WE legal over here.. everything registered! As the knocks kept coming .. I mustard up the voice strength to say just a minute! My body weak.. but my mind strong! I open the door.. Scope on! Beam on! Safety off!!! WHAT CAN I DO FOR YALL!!! Cause you at THE WRONG HOUSE! #FacesPriceless!! I will Protect. My Home, My Children, MY LEGACY!!!"
It deeply saddens me that people still need to protect themselves from such hateful people by threatening violence. Hatred just leads to more violence upon violence. Less hate, more love needed in this world.
The fucking KKK came up to her door, in a world where white cops
can gun down teens just walking down the street
and you think the problem is how SHE acted, without firing a single bullet, in her OWN HOME
wow… you desperately need to check out the ferguson tag, because you’re expecting people to play nice with those who have been murdering them since forever, and that’s fucked
Did pokemeidareu just call a black woman holding a weapon while answering her door to an established terrorist group devoted to the murder of black people as her “fighting hate with hate”????????
Take note, black folk: The KU KLUX KLAN- a white TERRORIST organization- can literally knock on your fucking door with the intention of doing you harm and some ignorant fucktwit will STILL think you’re in the wrong if you even HINT at defending yourself with a weapon.
Second amendment ain’t for us, I tell ya.
"Less hate, more love". Yea well if she shows less hate to the Klan, there’s a strong chance she and her children will end up dead in their own home.
Tell the KKK to fuck right off a cliff and then maybe she wouldn’t need to stand at her door “threatening violence”.
What the fuck is she supposed to do? Pray for their souls while they lynch her?
Folks really do believe we should turn the other cheek all the way to our graves. I’m pretty sure those people are evil.
THIS TOO GUYS. BE SAFE.
This is sorta manditory to reblog.
This joint kills you faster than the bubonic plaque. True
thats because it was designed in the lab to do that
Oh jesus christ. Not one of these “Let’s talk about the symptoms without discussing the realities of the disease!” shit posts. All these do is make people panic and think their cold is some sneaky form of Ebola.
OKAY LISTEN UP YOU GUYS. ITS TIME TO PULL UP A CHAIR, TURN ON YOUR SCIENCE EARS AND:
(I’m using Bill Nye because this is gonna be a goddamn science talk and I know you people love nostalgia)
HERE ARE SOME VERY IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT EBOLA:
- EBOLA IS ONLY TRANSMITTED THROUGH CONTACT WITH THE BLOOD OR BODY FLUID OF AN INFECTED PERSON.This is why one of its nicknames is “the Caregiver’s disease”! Because most people who contract it are people who were taking care of an infected patient or handled bodies with Ebola. So the general rule of thumb to avoid Ebola (and dozens of other disease much more prevalant everywhere) is: IF YOU SEE BLOOD OR BODILY FLUIDS THAT’S NOT FROM YOUR BODY - DON’T FUCKING TOUCH IT.
- THE EBOLA VIRUS HAS A SHITTY SURVIVAL RATE OUTSIDE A HOST. This means that once a strain of the virus leaves a person’s body outside through blood, vomit, snot, etc - it can’t survive very long at all. In fact many scientific studies find that it’s hard to estimate exactly how long it can survive because their samples tend to start to break down before they can even run tests. This means sitting on a toilet seat in Dallas will not get you fucking ebola.
- ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THIS OUTBREAK HAS GOTTEN SO BAD IS DUE TO SHITTY HEALTH CONDITIONS AND INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE INFECTED COUNTRIES. And by shitty, I mean it’s hard to get clean water and supplies level of shitty. While we can argue about the shitty state of US healthcare (and it’s 100% valid discussion) - it really doesn’t compare to what these clinics have.
- IT DOES NOT HAVE A 100% MORTALITY RATE. Yes, it can be very deadly (from 25-90%), but again, most of the reasons it’s been so deadly is because of the shitty health conditions pointed out in #3. But it is completely possible to survive through Ebola if you get proper treatment (which you shouldn’t have it in the first place if you followed #1).
- NOT EVERY AFRICAN COUNTRY HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH EBOLA. In fact compared to other epidemics, the rate this one has spread is small (I mean it is tragic, no question about that, but objectively speaking it doesn’t even hold a candle to the Bubonic plague, Spanish Influenza, HIV/AIDS or even H1N1). The countries infected are Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia, all located in West Africa. And by infected, I mean about 0.0004% of their combined populations of 20 million are infected - which in pandemic terms this is tiny. So if you or your friends or your family who are either traveling or living in other parts of Africa you really shouldn’t worry about Ebola because- Africa is fucking huge.
- THERE IS NO SOLID EVIDENCE IT WAS CONSTRUCTED IN A LAB. This is a conspiracy theory that’s been thrown out there in order to explain why it’s so deadly. People get anxious, and they blame what they can.
And that’s it! It pretty much boils down to it’s really not something to panic about - and you shouldn’t handle other people’s bodily fluids or blood without proper equipment. Which- you really shouldn’t do that at anytime, anyplace.
THANK YOU! I hate these bullshit scare tactic posts that incite panic without actual facts!! Thankfully someone added the facts and now it’s fixed :)
Voices of Storm
- Iona Morris -X-Men: The Animated Series (1992-1993)
- Susan Dalian - Wolverine and The X-Men (2009)
- Jill Scott - Black Panther (2010)
- Kirsten Williamson - X-Men: Evolution (2000)
- Alison Sealy-Smith - X-Men: The Animated Series (1993-1997)
- Aya Hisakawa - X-Men: Anime (2011)
- Cree Summer - The Super Hero Squad Show (2009)
The Berlin Wall Revisited
Do you recognize any of the people in the above photographs? For the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall, which began on November 9, 1989, Reportage photographer Tom Stoddart is trying to track down some of the people he originally photographed at the time so he can photograph and interview them now, a quarter-century on.
Tom is sharing images of specific interest on a Twitter account he created for the project: @fallofwall1989. You can also pore over Tom’s Berlin Wall archive, which is viewable on the Getty Images Web site. If you do recognize any of the people in the photographs, please direct message the above Twitter account.
We appreciate your help in broadcasting Tom’s search and his effort to shed new light on this historical moment and its participants.
Photos by Tom Stoddart/Getty Images
2014 Fall Collection Purple Buddha Project : Upcycling Fragments of Berlin Wall Into Jewelery
This guy shot into a car of black teenagers and killed one for playing their “thug music” too loud at a convenience store and is (rightfully) sentenced to life in prison. And how do they portray him? Crying, “heartbreaking final words”, “learned his punishment”.
fuck he crying for?
honestly, he’s crying because his booty gonna be raw for the rest of his life